Professional Patisserie & Confectionery City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma at Highbury College
This programme is aimed at students wishing to pursue a career in Professional Pastry.
This programme includes:-
- Preparing and cooking complex bread and dough products;
- Preparing and cooking complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones;
- Preparing and cooking complex chocolate, marzipan, pastillage and sugar products;
- Preparing and cooking hot and cold deserts;
- Producing sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts;
- Controlling resources;
- Contributing to the development of recipes.
The requirements to join this programme are:-
- Level 2 in Professional Cookery or equivalent, or good solid trade experience.
Students have to complete all three mandatory units plus 10 further pastry units. Students have to prepare pastry products for the Highbury City of Portsmouth Centre restaurants and prepare orders from customers.
Employment as a pastry chef within the hospitality industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.