Rugby Academy at Scarborough Sixth Form College
The Rugby Academy allows you to develop your rugby whilst studying A Levels, BTECs or GCSEs. You will receive specialist coaching from elite rugby coaches and train extensively, participating in rugby matches against other elite academies. We are linked with Scarborough Rugby Club and won the AoC Rugby League last season.
- 3 hours a week of high quality coaching from professionals
- Weekly games in the AOC league and cup as well as North Yorkshire cup competitions and festivals across Yorkshire and Humberside.
- Pre-season screening and regular player assessments
- Regular personalised feedback on your progress
- Support with tactics and technical aspects of the game
- Nutritional advice and psychological profiling to improve mental and physical performance
- Support for students wishing to take coaching and officiating qualifications
To be part of the Academy you must be enrolled on a full time course at S6F (for example, 3 AS Levels, a level 3 Extended Diploma, or a Level 2 course). You will also need to pass a rugby trial.
There is no formal assessment however as a player you will improve technically, physically through strength and conditioning, strategically and tactically.
Several Universities have rugby academies attached to them making our Rugby Academy a good selling point when applying for University. The academy will also provide coaching and officiating qualifications to give you a valuable insight and start you on the run of the ladder into world of elite coaching or officiating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Scarborough Sixth Form College directly.