Business Studies AS level at Ellesmere Port Catholic High School
AS and A2 Business Studies should provide candidates with an opportunity to learn how businesses of various sizes operate.
The course will enable candidates to examine real businesses using case studies and a variety of resources including business publications, the Internet, and newspapers.
AS and A2 Business Studies should encourage candidates to:
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and markets.
- Be aware of business behaviour and the role of stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of the economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues associated with business activity.
- Acquire a range of skills, including decision making and problem solving as well as interpretation of management information.
- Be aware of the structure of businesses.
The course is assessed by modular examinations. The AS award comprises 2 compulsory assessment units:
(40% of total AS marks)
Planning and Financing a Business
(60% of total AS marks)
Managing a Business
The course provides a smooth transition from GCSE Business Studies but GCSE Business Studies is not a pre-requisite and pupils with a genuine interest in business are also encouraged to study the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ellesmere Port Catholic High School directly.