Women's Hairdressing - Level 3 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
During this course you will develop a range of advanced and creative skills including creative colouring, cutting and perming.
- Hairdressing consultation support for colleagues
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Cut women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Perm hair to create a variety of looks
- Hair colour correction
- Salon reception duties
- GCSE English Language with at least 4 points (grade C) or equivalent.
- Plus a Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing and attendance at summer school.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
You will be assessed by an ongoing theory and practical assessment that will be carried out on paying clients within the commercial salon. Collating and presenting an evidence portfolio, you will also be assessed through exams set by the awarding body. All practical assessments are graded pass, merit and distinction.
Career options following the completion of the Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing include:
- Senior stylist
- Colour technician
- Self-employed stylist
- Salon manager
- Stylist on board a cruise ship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.