Agriculture Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Students can gain certification in Telehandler, ATV and Tractor Driving at reduced rates. You will gain practical experience of tractor fieldwork estate skills and a range of stock tasks, as well as being given an opportunity to show cattle and visit shows and exhibitions.
There is demand for skilled, trained and motivated young people to enter the agriculture industry. With a strong emphasis on combining traditional skills with modern technology and legislation, this course is ideal for those working towards employment. It is based on an integration of theoretical and practical lectures backed up by work experience.
You will gain experience in a range of agricultural skills through theory and practical sessions on the College farm. It will allow you to either progress to a Level 3 Diploma courses or move into employment with an apprenticeship.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Work-related Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Environmental and Land-based Business
- Farm Animal Production
- Land-based Machinery Operation
- Tractor Driving
- Estate Maintenance
- Principles of Land-based Machinery
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work. It also includes 150 hours of work experience over the duration of the course.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Subsidiary/Extended Diploma in Agriculture
- Intermediate or Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture
Employment options may include:
- Agriculture and allied industries
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.