Bricklaying Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeship at Brockenhurst College
The demand for trained and qualified Bricklayers is high in all areas of the UK, with a government push for apprentices and the current growth in the construction industry has heightened the need for tradesmen. There is a national skills shortage that has increased the demand for skilled craftsmen.
These apprenticeships are for people wishing to take up a career in the Construction Industry specifically Brickwork and have been designed in conjunction with industry. The career prospects are great and also offer good progression within the construction industry with potential to reach degree level.
This qualification is a combination of college delivery 1 day per week and work experience that is assessed as part of the NVQ qualification.
The apprenticeship frameworks are made up as follows:
- NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Diploma in Bricklaying (College delivered)
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
An Assessor will be allocated to the Apprentice and will visit your workplace a maximum of 12 weeks apart to assess workplace activities and gain evidence.
Candidates will build a portfolio of evidence over the duration of the course to support the competency element of the qualification. This portfolio is developed under the guidance of the college assessor.
Intermediate Apprenticeship is 2 years and the Advanced Apprenticeship is 1 year on completion of the Intermediate
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
• 16 or over
• Eligible to work in England
• Not in full-time education
• Don’t have a degree or equivalent level qualification
Candidates will be assessed using a variety of methods, including observation, questioning, professional discussions, witness testimonies, work products, statements and testing.
The in college diploma has practical assignments as well as theory exams.
For the functional skills elements the candidates will be required to sit examinations.
16-18 years old – Fully funded
Completing an apprenticeship can provide you with skills to:
- Communicate clearly and confidently
- Develop your portfolio of practical skills and subject knowledge
- Gain motivation and confidence
- Take control of your learning and development
- Increase your employability
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Take charge of your personal and professional development
- Get a recognised qualification for your personal development
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brockenhurst College directly.