Early Years Level 3 Apprenticeship at Swindon College
This course is ideal for those employed within the early year’s sector in a senior or supervisory capacity, or who have sole
responsibility for children in their care, such as in pre-schools or playgroups, day nurseries, crèches, after school clubs and similar settings that implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Learners must gain a minimum of 64 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner. (Early Years Educator) These credits are achieved through:
• Developing effective study skills (4 Credits)
• Promote partnership working with parents (3 credits)
• Model, promote and support positive behaviour with children (3 credits)
• Principles of safeguarding policies and procedures in early years settings (5 credits)
• Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion in the early years sector (2 credits)
• Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals in early years settings (3 credits)
• Plan and implement activities, play opportunities and educational programmes in an early years setting (4 credits)
• Promoting children’s health and welfare in an early years setting (4 credits)
• Promoting the health and safety of children (4 credits)
• Promote children’s speech, language and communication development (3 credits)
• Support organisational requirements for recording, storing and disclosing information and providing reports in an early years setting (2 credits)
• Support children’s creative and imaginative play and experiences (5 credits)
• Supporting children experiencing transitions and significant events in the early years sector ( 2 credits)
• Continuous professional development using reflective practice in the early years sector (2 credits)
• Theories which underpin practice in the early years sector (7 credits)
• Child development from conception to 7 years 7 credits)
• Observation and assessment in the early years sector (4 credits)
The Apprenticeship is open to those aged 16+ who are employed in a suitable role and hold GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C in English and Maths. Applicants who do not meet this criteria will be considered on an individual basis. You will also need to have the interest, enthusiasm and willingness to work hard. Please note that funding restrictions may apply to apprentices aged 19+. Also, Apprenticeship funding is currently not available for those who have a degree, HNC, HND or equivalent Level 4 or above qualification. This means you as the Apprentice would be liable for the full fees of the course. For more information contact the Apprenticeship Team 01793 498208.
The majority of assessment for this competence based qualification will take place in the workplace under real work conditions, using observations by a qualified assessor and or professional discussions, work products, witness testimony etc. All the identified assessment criteria must be evidenced and a holistic approach to assessment is encouraged.
Some courses may require additional course materials for further information please, contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01793 498208 or email Apprenticeships@swindon.ac.uk
Upon completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship a student may wish to progress to a Level 4 qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swindon College directly.