BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Travel and Tourism at The Cottesloe School
You will study the following four mandatory units as well as two optional units: Mandatory units
Unit 1: Investigating the Travel and Tourism sector
Unit 2: The Business of Travel and Tourism
Unit 3: The UK as a destination
Unit 4: Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
Optional units (two from a wide choice), for example:
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
- Investigating the Cruise industry
- European destinations
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
All six units are internally assessed pieces of coursework, there are no external examinations.
The course will:
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the travel and tourism sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Travel and Tourism.
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The BTEC qualifications are designed to provide highly specialist, work-related qualifications in a range of vocational sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. These qualifications accredit the achievement for courses and programmes of study for full-time or part-time learners in schools, colleges and other training provider organisations. The qualifications provide career development opportunities for those already in work, and progression opportunities to higher education, degree and professional development programmes within the same or related areas of study, within universities and other institutions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cottesloe School directly.