Biology A level at Edmonton County School
The course will give you the skills to make connections and associations with all living things around you. Biology literally means the study of life and if that’s not important, what is? Being such a broad topic, you’re bound to find a specific area of interest, plus it opens the door to a fantastic range of interesting careers.
1. Biological molecules
3. Organisms exchange substances with their environment
4. Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms.
5. Energy transfers in and between organisms
6. Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
7. Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
8. The control of gene expression.
Triple Science A*-B, and a B in unit 3 or Double Science A*-A grades ideally required
There is no coursework on this course. However, your performance during practicals will be assessed. There are three exams at the end of the two years for A-level, all of which are two hours long. At least 15% of the marks for A-level Biology are based on what you learned in your practicals.
Possible degree options
Biology, Psychology, Sport and exercise science, medicine, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Pharmacology, toxicology and pharmacy chemistry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Edmonton County School directly.