Heating and Ventilating Apprenticeships Level 3 at Millennium Academy Ltd
Heating and ventilation engineers and operatives work in a diversity of ever changing environments. They work on commercial construction projects such as, St Pancras Station and the Olympic site, Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 installing industry and mechanical services and also work in domestic dwellings.
- Employment, for a minimum of 16 hours per week, with training in both the workplace and at College.
- Apprentices must be in receipt of at least the minimum wage for apprentices, pro rata for part-time learners.
- Attendance at College on a regular basis, usually a block release pattern. You will work towards a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ); Key Skills; Employer Rights & Responsibilities; and a Technical Certificate.
- Qualifications that you have already gained may contribute towards some of the Apprenticeship components.
You will work towards an NVQ Level 2. This will include a Technical Certificate and Key Skills – Application of Number (Level 2), Communication (Level 2) and Information Technology (Level 1). You will also complete an extensive practical programme focusing on various system installation techniques.
No formal qualifications are required; however it is recommended that candidates have Basic Skills at level 1.
- There are no formal examinations within the NVQ, as your work will be assessed on an ongoing basis.
- The Technical Certificate will be assessed by formal examination.
- Assessment of Key Skills will consist of gathering a portfolio of evidence and a test
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Millennium Academy Ltd directly.