Business Studies A Level at St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
What will I study:
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making.
3. Decision making to improve marketing, operational, financial and human resources performance.
4. Analysing the strategic position of a business.
5. Choosing strategic direction.
6. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
7. Managing strategic change.
Grade B GCSE Business Studies if taken Maths (C grade or above) and English (C grade or above) are both required
- Paper 1: Business 1: Written exam: 80 marks 50% of AS
- Paper 2: Business 2: Written exam: 80 marks 50% of AS
- Content covers 1-3 of “What will I study” listed above.
A Level Units
- Paper 1: Business 1: Written exam: 100 marks 33.3%
- Paper 2: Business 2: Written exam: 100 marks 33.3%
- Paper 3: Business 3: Written exam: 100 marks 33.3%
- Content covers 1-7 of “what will I study” listed above
This course prepares students for Business, Marketing and Management at Higher Education level. Students may also successfully make the transition to employment in business related careers such as Accounting and Finance.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls directly.