French AS Level at The King's School, Grantham
The Languages department aims to develop the four core skills necessary to language learning: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Through this process, pupils will also learn about the different cultures of the countries. It is hoped that pupils will become confident and effective users of the languages studied.
- Evolution of family
- Cyber Society
- Voluntary Work
- Cultural Inheritance
- Contemporary French music
The school’s Published Admissions Number (PAN) is 30. This is the maximum number of places which will be available in Year 12 for candidates who have attended schools other than The King’s School in Year 11. The criteria for admission to the Sixth Form will be:
- 6 GCSE passes in different subjects at Grade B or better (to include Maths and English), with Grade B or better in at least 3 subjects to be studied at A Level;
- A viable programme of study of either 3 or more GCE AS Level subjects (excluding General Studies) or an Advanced Diploma plus one GCE AS Level subject.
If there are more applicants than places, places will be offered on the basis of overall GCSE performance calculated on a points system where A* = 58 points, A = 52 points, B = 46 points, C = 40 points, D = 34 points, E = 28 points, F = 22 points, G = 16 points, subject to the following:
- an applicant must meet the standards outlined in bullet point 1 above.
- priority will be given to candidates in the *care of the local authority.
In the event of a tie for the final place the following criterion will apply; distance from **home to school measured in a straight line by Microsoft MapPoint software between the post office address point of the home and the post office address point of the school.
If there are more applicants than places available in a particular AS Level subject, places in that subject will be allocated according to the following criteria in the order shown:
- GCSE grade in that subject (where applicable);
- Overall GCSE score (in terms of average points per subject entry).
- Listening and/or speaking and/or reading and/or writing
- Mock exam
Year 12 Trip - July 2017
Individual support sessions in preparation for speaking exams
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The King's School, Grantham directly.