Health and Social Care BTEC First Level 2 Extended Certificate/Diploma at Exeter College
You will be taught by formal lectures with a variety of teaching methods including group work, individual presentations, role plays and research.
- Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 2: Health and Social Care Values
- Unit 3: Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Unit 9: Healthy Living
- Unit 4: Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 5: Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 7: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Unit10: Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Unit 12: Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Unit 13: The Health and Social Care Sector
In addition, you will have the opportunity to either retake a maths or English GCSE and/or Functional Skills in English and maths.
You need four GCSEs at Grade D or above (including English and maths), and three GCSEs at Grade E or above. Internal applicants will also need a reference from your former tutor.
Assessment is continuous through coursework and some assessment will be exam based. You will be observed and assessed by your placement supervisor and visiting lecturer in work placement. GCSE English and Maths and Functional Skills are externally tested.
You may purchase a course textbook costing approx £25 plus general stationery. Uniform and trip fees of £75 and a DBS check costing approx £44 to be paid at the start of the course. Possible transport to college and work experience.
You could go on to work in a range of careers including community work, health services, housing services or social care. The course may provide progression to a Level 2 apprenticeship programme or the Extended Diploma if you achieve the Level 2 qualification at a Distinction Grade and English and maths at Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exeter College directly.