History AS level at The Bushey Academy
The aims of these specifications are to:
- develop a coherent knowledge of the past – both within and across the topics chosen;
- develop and apply understanding of historical concepts – including explanation, evidence, interpretations and significance;
- develop the techniques of critical thinking in a historical context – and the skills necessary to analyse and solve historical problems;
- develop critical awareness of a range of historical issues;
- develop the ability to communicate historical arguments and conclusions clearly and succinctly with reference to appropriate historical terminology
- Develop transferable skills useful in a range of occupations
Unit 1: USA and the Cold War in 1945-1975 How successfully did the USA seek to contain communism in Asia, how far did the Korean war and its origins change and influence US policy and conduct. Why did the USA become involved in Vietnam and
what were the implications
Unit 2: TBC
Two examinations at the end of Year 12 for the AS level.
History lends itself to a wide array of careers following the A level qualifications. A level History would be beneficial in many different degree options including: Law, Civil Service and Publishing. It also enables the progression onto History based careers and courses such as Archaeology, archivists and researchers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bushey Academy directly.