Economics at St Aidan's and St John Fisher's Associated Sixth Form
Students of Economics find that it opens up a whole new world for them. They are able to understand the environment in which they live in a new light and can start to grasp the essential elements of the major issues of our time:
* Can we measure ‘happiness’ in a meaningful Economic way?
* Why does the Eurozone appear to be falling apart?
* Should we give more aid to developing countries?
* Why do we need to pay for our own university degrees?
* Why is Britain no longer the ‘workshop of the world?’
F581 Micro: Markets in Action.
F582 Macro: The National and International Economy.
F583 Micro: Economics of Work and Leisure.
F585 Synoptic: The Global Economy.
A good standard of English Language and Maths is required (grade B at GCSE is preferred in both subjects). Some study of Business is helpful, but not essential. A genuine interest in current affairs will be useful.
5 GCSEs A*-C Grade
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Aidan's and St John Fisher's Associated Sixth Form directly.