Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
This course has been developed for 16-18 year olds and consists of 2 qualifications. The BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma is for one year. Following successful completion of the first year there will be an opportunity to progress on to the Extended Diploma. You may wish to complete this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment or progress into higher education, following completion of the top up Extended Diploma. BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas attract UCAS points that equate to 3 A levels, carrying a maximum of 360 UCAS points.
You will study a number of core units including:
- Sociology, and physiology as well as a wide range of specialist units.
Students on the course are expected to find a placement in the sector to gain work experience. A key feature is also the opportunity throughout the programme for students to produce a personal and professional development portfolio which links many aspects of their programme, as well as experiences outside the programme.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths plus 3 other individual GCSEs
- 2 satisfactory references one of which must be from school
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Satisfactory interview in which student demonstrates the personal qualities needed to become an effective Health and Social Care Worker.
- It is essential that all students can work as part of a team and be able to respond to adults in a responsible manner.
- Employment within the health and social care services
- Professional training at degree level within a university, following the completion of the Extended Diploma
Please note that for some university courses you may need GCSE English and/or Maths and Science at C or above. You must check this with the universities you may wish to apply to.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.