ICT BTEC Level 3 National Extended certificate at The Latimer Arts College
BTEC Information Technology has been developed to provide candidates with skills in a wide range of areas. There are a mix of theoretical and practical units of work, requiring portfolio evidence of research and production.
Students are advised that due to the nature of the course content they will need access to a computer at home in order to meet project deadlines.
To achieve the certificate (equivalent to one A Level) students must pass three mandatory units (below) and complete an optional unit.
- Unit 1 – Information Technology Systems Learners study the role of computer systems and the implications of their use in personal and professional situations.
- Unit 2 – Creating Systems to Manage Information Learners study the design, creation, testing and evaluation of a relational database system to manage information. (Externally assessed controlled assessment.)
- Unit 3 – Using Social Media in Business Learners explore how businesses use social media to promote their products and services. Learners also implement social media activities in a business to meet requirements.
Optional units available:
- Unit 5 – Data Modelling
- Unit 6 - Website Development
5 GCSEs A* - C (or equivalent Level 2 passes) including English and Maths
58% - externally assessed (2 hour exam and a 10 hour controlled assessment task)
42% - Coursework with units marked as:
- Pass (Grade E equivalent)
- Merit (Grade C equivalent)
- Distinction (Grade A equivalent)
- Distinction * (Grade A* equivalent)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Latimer Arts College directly.