Electrical Installation Diploma (City & Guilds) 7202-01 at Solihull College & University Centre
If you want to work within the field of electrical installation, this full time course is designed to give you an introduction to electrical installation theory as well as the opportunity to develop your practical skills.
It is suitable for school leavers
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Health and safety
- Communication skills and the installation of wiring support systems and circuitry
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology.
To enter you will need to pass a College assesment and have a minimum D/3 grade in Maths and English.
Continuous assessment and portfolio building. Written exams.
Progress onto Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) 2365-02 Level 2 Diploma
You need to be interested in electrical installation and be able to work with your hands.
You will need steel toe capped boots and supply normal study equipment. The portfolio is supplied by the College but has to be completed by the candidate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.