Football Coaching Level 3 Diploma at Guildford College
The course is designed as a pathway to in to the football and sports coaching Industry, providing a good understanding of working with children.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as it specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be working.
In addition you will have the opportunity to work towards your FA Level 2 and the option of the Youth Award Module 1.
The course is delivered by FA and UEFA qualified football coaches, with links to a variety of external clubs and companies to gain valuable coaching experience.
Facilities include 3 football pitches, sports hall and a weights room.
- Be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
- Hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
- GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
- Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
- Level 2 BTEC in Sport
- Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
- 1st4sport recognised equivalent
- or 4 GCSEs at grades C or above including English and Maths
Through successful completion of portfolio, practical delivery and observation. All assessments are undertaken by college employees, however the FA Level 2 will be delivered through an external governing body.
Further governing body coaching awards, such as Youth Module 1 and 2. Teaching assistant roles and sports/football coaching apprentices.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.