Chemistry A Level at The National CofE Academy
AS Chemistry (OCR Salterâ€™s www.ocr.org.uk)
Unit F331: Chemistry for Life
- Elements of Life;
- Developing Fuels.
Unit F332: Chemistry of Natural Resources
- Elements from the Sea;
- The Atmosphere;
- Polymer Revolution.
Unit F333: Chemistry in Practice
- This AS (practical skills) unit is teacher assessed and externally moderated by OCR. Candidates are assessed in five skill areas: competence, measurement, analysis and evaluation, observation, and interpretation
A2 Chemistry (OCR Salterâ€™s www.ocr.org.uk)
Unit F334: Chemistry of Materials
- Whatâ€™s in a Medicine?
- The Materials Revolution;
- The Thread of Life;
- The Steel Story.
Unit F335: Chemistry by Design
- Agriculture and Industry;
- Colour by Design;
- The Oceans;
- Medicines by Design.
Unit F336: Chemistry Individual Investigation
- This A2 (practical skills) unit is teacher assessed and externally moderated by OCR.
- Candidates carry out a single individual investigation. The topic may be taken from any aspect of chemistry.
Exam for each unit
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The National CofE Academy directly.