Geography A Level at Drapers' Academy
Learn about the world you live in! In a fascinating and inspiring new syllabus you will learn about the physical interactions occurring at a global scale as well as zooming in on parts of the world both close to home as well as some far flung destinations. With perhaps comfortingly familiar GCSE topics such as hazards and population sitting side by side with brand new topics such as the carbon cycle and global governance, there has never been a better time to study geography at A level. Geography is a great subject to pair with sciences, maths or other humanities subjects because of the wide range of transferable skills it incorporates.
- Physical Geography and People and the Environment
- Human Geography and Fieldwork Investigation.
- Global systems and global governance.
- Water and carbon cycles.
- Coastal systems and landscapes.
- Changing places.
- Either urban environments, population or resources.
Individual Geographical Investigation:
- You will undertake a research project involving you participating in at least 4 days fieldwork across the two years to really get to do some hands on geography! The coursework may be on any aspect of the syllabus but your teachers will guide you.
Students should achieve a grade C in Geography at GCSE. For those who have not studied the subject at GCSE a grade C in English and Maths is required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Drapers' Academy directly.