French at Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre
This specification for AS and A level French is designed to encourage students to:
- develop an interest in, and enthusiasm for, language learning
- develop understanding of the language in a variety of contexts and genres
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the language for a range of purposes
- develop awareness and understanding of the contemporary society, cultural background and heritage of countries or communities where the language is spoken
- consider their study of the language in a broader context.
- derive enjoyment and benefit from language learning
- acquire knowledge, skills and understanding for practical use, further study and/or employment
- communicate with speakers of the language
- take their place in a multilingual global society.
Grade C GCSE in French
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre directly.