BTEC Sport Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at Sheringham High School and Sixth Form Centre
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport extends the specialist work-related focus of the BTEC Level 3 Certificate and covers the key knowledge and practical skills required in the appropriate vocational sector. The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers greater flexibility and a choice of emphasis through the optional units. It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level.
The course is designed to:
• provide education and training for sport, leisure and recreation employees
• give sport, leisure and recreation employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally specific qualification
• give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the sport and active leisure sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Sport or related areas
• give learners the opportunity to develop a range of techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The units of learning that will be studied are:
• Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
• The Physiology of Fitness
• Assessing Risk in Sport
• Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
• Sports Development
• Practical Team Sports or Practical Individual Sports
• Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
Students who have studied this qualification have gone on to complete University degree courses in a range of sport related disciplines, such as coaching, fitness training, event management and sports science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sheringham High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.