Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Diploma at The Green School
Health & Social Care will prepare you for a career in one of the wide range of related professions.
The BTEC course has a very strong focus on the health and well-being of individuals within society. It is designed to stimulate and challenge students. It is assessed entirely through assignments rather than exams. These activities are enjoyable, interactive and suitable for all learning styles. There is also a work experience assignment involving a work placement.
Diploma: At least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English or Maths at grade 5.
The BTEC Diploma is a level 3 qualification equivalent to two A-Levels
TOTAL: 8 Units (6 mandatory & 2 optional units)
- Unit 1—Human Lifespan Development (External Exam)
- Unit 2-Working in Health & Social Care (External Exam)
- Unit 4—Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care (Externally assessed)
- Unit 5—Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Unit 7—Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8—Promoting Public Health
- Plus 2 Optional Units TBC
A BTEC in Health & Social Care will enable you to enter into employment at various levels in the Health and Social Care sector such as; nursing, midwifery, social work or Early Years Teaching.
The BTEC level 3 qualification is equivalent to A-level standard and may fulfil UCAS entry requirement for university to study for a Health and Social care related degree. The level 3 diploma is equivalent to 2 A levels.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Green School directly.