Hairdressing (Apprenticeship) at Solihull College & University Centre
The course is for stylists who wish to gain a qualification that reflects an advanced level of hairdressing in creative and technical skills.
It will also be useful for those who may be seeking to develop their careers in training and supervisory management.
During the course you will study the following:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Colour correction
- Creating a range of image
- Creatively dress long hair
- Hair analysis and consultation
- Planning and implementation of promotional show
- Advanced Cutting techniques
You will need a Level 2 hairdressing qualification
If you have Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application we can help with this too.
Assessment is by practical observations, course work, assignments and external tests.
Most learners who are successful on this course will be able to find employment as or in:
- Retail representative for manufacturers
- Specialist hair colourists/fashion cutters
- Cruise liners
- Salon Managers
- A minimum of 85% attendance is needed to complete the course however,100% is expected.
- We do offer trips and other enrichment activities which you will be informed about by your personal tutor.
- You will have the opportunity to enter external competitions and you will be taking part in a hair show.
- The Level 3 apprenticeship course is a rolling programme this means you can join us at anytime of the year.
- You will be required as part of the apprenticeship frame work to achieve key skills
Good levels of English and Maths are important for your success in your course, your chosen vocation and life. Throughout your course you will continue to develop your English and Maths skills in your vocational classes.
If you haven't achieved an A*/9 - C/4 grade in English or Maths at GCSE, or a Level 2 Functional Skill, you will also be working towards a qualification in English or Maths at a level that will enable you to progress towards these grades.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.