Business BTEC Level 3 at Chase High School
Level 3 BTEC Business is a two-year course that is equivalent to A Levels at Grades A-E.
You’ll gain a good grounding in essential business disciplines including: administration, finance/accounts, marketing, management, human resources and law. You’ll also be free to choose from a range of specialist units within the course, enabling you to concentrate on a particular area such as marketing or accountancy.
We’ll expect you to be committed to developing both specialised business knowledge and all-round abilities like team-working, problem-solving and analysis.
The mandatory units and optional units/pathways include:
- Unit 1 – The business environment
- Unit 2 – Business resources
- Unit 3 – Introduction to marketing
- Unit 4 – Business communication
- Units 5-8 – Accounting pathway
- Units 9-12 – Marketing pathway
- Units 13-16 – Human resources pathway
- Units 17-20 – Management pathway
- Units 21-24 – Law pathway
- Units 25-28 – Administration pathway
- Units 29-32 – Retail pathway
- Units 33-34 – General options
- Units 43-46 – Logistics pathway
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in international study trips. We enjoy close links with businesses in the localcommunity, and you’ll be able to attend business meetings, lectures and visits from guest speakers.
5 x GCSEs at Grades A*-C, including English and Maths or an equivalent Level 2 BTEC, with GCSE English and Maths
You could progress to a business-related course at college or university, apply for a trainee management programme, or kick off your business career in administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chase High School directly.