A Level Religious Studies at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you want to do an interesting and intellectually challenging A Level
- you want to develop a variety of skills including discussion and debate, logical argument and critical evaluation
- you want to know more about the theories of philosophers such as Aquinas, Kant and Bentham
You will study Ancient Greek and Judaeo-Christian influences on religious philosophy, different arguments for the existence of God, religion and science and the problem of evil. Subjects include Religious Language, Religious Experience, the Attributes of God and Life, Death and the Matter of the Soul, Natural Law, Kantian Ethics, Utilitarianism and Religious Ethics. You will also study Applied Ethics, covering moral issues such as euthanasia and war.
At least 5 A* to C grades at GCSE including English and Maths with at least a grade B in GCSE RE and English Language
- AS: 1 x 1 ½ hour exam on Philosophy of Religion 1 x 1 ½ hour exam on Religious Ethics
- A2: 1 x 1 ½ hour exam on Philosophy of Religion 1 x 1 ½ hour exam on Religious Ethics
- university degrees in Religious Studies, Philosophy, PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), Anthropology and many more
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Youth Worker
- Charity Worker
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.