IT Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma at East Riding College
The course is designed for students who wish to have a career in IT or progress to a Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in IT or onto university, if combined with A-levels or other qualifications. Learners will study for three mandatory units and six other units. The course is equivalent to three AS levels.
- Communication and employability skills for IT
- Information systems
- Computer networks
- Communications technologies
- Software design and development
- Computer systems architecture
- Human computer interaction
- Digital graphics
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C including English and mathematics
- Satisfactory College interview
- An initial assessment
BTEC diplomas are valued by employers, universities and colleges. Students go into careers in many IT-related disciplines. If you want to go straight into a job, you could work in systems analysis and design, software engineering, computing and website development. If you decide to go into higher education, you could do our Foundation Degree in Computing or degrees in subjects such as computing, e-business, games programming or software engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.