Horticulture Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Capel Manor College
Our Advanced Apprenticeship is a great opportunity for you to further build your practical horticultural skills, develop your theoretical knowledge and gain confidence to progress into supervisory and management roles in the industry.
- how to promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace
- planning, estimating and managing programme resource requirements for landscaping projects
- planning specifications for landscape maintenance
- monitoring landscape maintenance and inspecting landscape features
- preparing sites for soft landscape establishment
- establishing and renovating planted areas
- maintaining equipment and machines
- transplanting large root-balled plants
- planning and managing the control of pests, diseases and disorders
- encourage and motivate volunteers.
The Apprenticeship will last for a minimum of one year with one day a week at College combined with training, experience and assessment in the workplace.
You will have the opportunity to train for your machinery competencies and pesticide licence during your Apprenticeship.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
You will need at least one of the following:
- you must be at least 16 years old on entry
- an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Horticulture (Level 2)
- a Gardening and Commercial Landscaping Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- at least 3 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- substantial relevant occupational experience
- you must be employed within the horticultural industry, working a minimum of 30 hours per week under a contract of employment and be responsible for specific tasks or projects at work.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- a Kew Diploma, Botanical Garden Traineeship, RHS Diploma (Level 3) or the Historic and Botanic Garden Training Programme
- our Foundation Degree in Garden Design and Plantsmanship
- one of our professional short courses
- continued employment in the horticulture industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.