6th Form Progression Course at The Hewett School
We will be in the second year of offering a new type of programme aimed at those of you who want to access broader opportunities involving employment and enterprise.
You may enter 6th Form studies not sure whether a purely academic route is right for you.
This course allows you to access a different package which will enable you to explore alternative routes. The course is a one year full time learning programme which will be extremely personalised and you will be mentored and monitored closely throughout to ensure you are getting the most out of the provision.
The course content will be as follows:
1. An AS Level You will select from a range of AS level choices available. You can choose from Film Studies, Dance, Music Tech, Photography, P.E., ICT
2. A level 3 Qualification in Work Skills You will study a course that will prepare you for employment
3. GCSEs You will have the opportunity to re-take core GCSEs- Maths & English
4. Level 3 Extended Project You will receive specialist mentor support and direction to complete a Level 3 Project qualification. The idea with this project is that you devise a project which is of particular interest to you, focusing on and exploring a theme based on your particular strengths.
5. Work Placement You will experience real work via an extended work placement, one day per week. This can be self generated and again tied into your particular areas of interest.
When you have completed the course you may decide to enter full time Level 3 provision, enter employment or enter an apprenticeship. You will be supported via thorough Care, Guidance and Support to make the right decision for you.
You should have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-D (including 3 C grades or higher) and one of the C grades must be in the subject (or related subject) you wish to study at A/S. For example, a student would need a C in English to study Film. Individual consideration will also be given to applicants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Hewett School directly.