BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in IT at Ralph Thoresby School
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the IT sector to:
- give education and training for IT employees
- give IT employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally-specific qualification
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing and Systems Development
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
1 Communication and Employability Skills for IT
2 Computer Systems
9 Computer Networks
23 Human Computer Interaction
30 Digital Graphics
31 Computer Animation
At least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE. This must include at least an E grade at GCSE in English language and maths.
- A career in IT, specialising in Computer Networks, System Design or Graphic Design and Animation.
- A solid foundation for many types of computer-related degree courses
- Aman Gill (Leader of Learning for ICT/Computing)
For your information:
If you would like to study towards a double award in this subject, please only pick two other subjects in addition.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.