Art & Design UAL Level 2 Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course will provide you with an introduction into art and design, enabling you to acquire the requisite knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to further education or employment within the creative industries.
During this course you will cover the following units:
- An introductory experience to some of the materials, methods, processes and technical skills that support art and design activity
- An introductory understanding of the context in which art and design activity is located
- An opportunity to test your interest in art and design activity
- Develop your awareness of the value of research to support art and design activity
- An introduction to drawing skills necessary to support creative activity in art and design
- An understanding of the role of communication skills in the development of ideas
- An opportunity to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units to identify, research and produce a personal art and design project
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further. You will be required to present a portfolio of your work at this interview.
The UAL Level 2 Diploma units are assessed through a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstration and assignment work. There are no external examinations. An overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
- Apply to study a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design if you have achieved a Merit or above
- Apply for employment within the creative industries
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.