Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This programme provides you with many of the skills required by the motor vehicle industry. Successful students will be able to seek employment with a local garage or progress on to a motor vehicle mechanics or technician course. It is endorsed by the IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) the industry's leading professional organisation.
The course consists of a combination of units:
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment Routine Vehicle Maintenance
- Vehicle Engine Mechanical, Lubrication and Cooling System Units and Components
- Vehicle Fuel, Ignition, Air and Exhaust System Units and Component
- Light Vehicle Electrical Units and Components
- Vehicle Chassis Units and Components
- Transmission and Driveline Units and Components
- Vehicles Using Prescribed Methods
- Functional skills in Math's, English and IT at an appropriate level
As part of your programme of study, there is an expectation that you undertake a timetabled work placement or experience block of learning, this is designed to enable you to gain experience of the industry .
4 GCSEs at grades A-D or equivalent.
Assessment will be by the completion of written assignments and externally marked examinations. Practical skills will be assessed formally in the Motor Vehicle workshops.
Gaining employment as an apprentice technician will enable you to continue your studies and progress onto a Level 3 Motor Vehicle Qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.