Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Technical Foundation Diploma at Walsall College
This course prepares students for working in the hairdressing industry. In addition to completion of competition work, students will practice running their own column in the college's commercial salon.
This programme is ideal for a junior hairstylist or hairdresser that carries out treatments including the following:
- Creatively cutting hair
- Colouring hair
- Colour correction
- Creatively styling and dressing hair
- Creating a variety of permed looks
- Providing hair extension services
Fee for students aged 19 - 23 course and examination fee's on application. If you are aged 24 at the start of the course you can apply for the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to help with course tuition fee's. Equipment will cost approximately £163.
5 GCSE’s at Grades C or above including English Language and/or Maths.
Successful completion of a Level 2 Hairdressing qualification or prior hairdressing industrial experience, 5 GCSEs at Grades C or above including English Language and/or Maths).
Level 3 application requires the following:
- Application form
- Initial assessment Maths and English
- Diagnostic Maths and English
- Practical Dexterity - bring client in to carry out ladies combination cut & finish (e.g. length and layers)
- Written Competence test
- Certificates/qualifications obtained
- References detailing hairdressing skills, attendance, attitude, effort and professional approach to previous course/job role.
- Practical observation
- Online Examination
- You will be expected to conduct research/tasks/presentations
- You will also be expected to take part in competition work as a mandatory part of the course, as this is based around a unit on the level 3 programme. You have to provide a model to create a total look, using cutting, colouring and styling to meet competition criteria. Some learners also have the opportunity to enter national and regional competitions, if they meet the entry requirements.
Learners aged 16-18 at start of course will be expected to study Maths and English as mandatory requirements as part of their study programme. You will also build you own personal portfolio of work.
- Into employment as a hairdresser or stylist in the hairdressing industry
- Specialisations within the Hairdressing Industry
- BTEC Level 4 HNC Hair and Beauty Management (Pearson)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walsall College directly.