Health and Social Care BTEC Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During the course you will study the following nine modules:
- Health and social care needs
- Personal care in health and social care
- Creative activities for children
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health and social care
- Promoting healthy eating in care
- Communicating with adults and children
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Introduction to creative and leisure activities for children and adults
- The role of the carer at mealtimes
- Carrying out an individual project
If you are dedicated and hard working a career in care can be a rewarding experience. The BTEC Health and Social Care Level 1 Diploma will introduce you to a range of care services, including caring for older people and those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
As part of your studies you will complete a portfolio of evidence covering the modules you study which, at the end of the course, will help you to make a decision about the direction of your future career, and will also continue to study English and maths.
Whilst you are on this course you will be taught by experts with many years’ experience in the field and will have the opportunity to meet with health and social care assessors who will provide first-hand experience of working in the profession.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but all applicants will be expected to attend a pre-course interview.
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme. You will be assessed using a variety of methods including short reports, producing learning materials, workbooks and witness testimony.
The course provides an introduction to health and social care. On successful completion you may progress onto a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or enter the world of work. The skills you will learn from this course may enable you to pursue a career in the health and social care sector.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.