Entry Level 3 Certificate in Construction Skills (Joinery) at ProCo NW Ltd
This is an introductory course into the joinery trade. Learners will be taught how to create basic joints and wooden fixtures, and shown how to work out measurements and follow technical plans.
- Constructing halving joints
- Constructing housing joints
- Constructing bridle joints
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Introduction to health & safety
No entry requirements needed.
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and dependant on attendance.
After completing this course learners can progress onto a Level 2 Joinery Study Programme or a Level 2 Wood Occupations Apprenticeship.
A qualified joiner can earn between £24,000-£31,000 a year.
To become a joiner you will need:
- good practical skills
- an organised approach to work
- an eye for details
- the ability to follow technical drawing and plan
- good maths skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.