French A level at Nottingham Girl's Academy
Students with an interest in languages, travel, different cultures as well as anyone wanting to gain a highly academic qualification that complements most other subjects and is highly regarded by employers, colleges and universities alike.
This is a challenging academic qualification which requires independent study skills and self organisation.
AS - Topics relevant to young people like music, cinema, relationships, new media, fashion, holidays and healthy lifestyle. AT A2 we study law and order, the environment, immigration, racism as well as two books or films.
Units covered at AS
- Unit 1: Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Unit 2: Speaking.
Units covered at A2
- Unit 3: Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Unit 4: Speaking.
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English and B or above in French.
- Unit 1: Examination - Listening and Reading sections based on the topics above. Writing section will be a choice of essay questions based on the AS topics.
- Units 2 and 4: Speaking examinations.
- Unit 3: Examination - Listening and Reading sections based on the topics above. Writing section will be a choice of essay questions based on the film and/or books we have studied.
- Degrees in languages or degrees that include a language as a subsidiary.
- Careers abroad.
- A career in any sector would be enhanced by an A level in a foreign language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Girl's Academy directly.