Warehousing and Storage Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This course is designed to reflect the work of warehousing and storage staff across a wide range of industries and types of organisation and is for those who are working with some autonomy and personal responsibility. It is an entirely work-based qualification where each student will be allocated a work-based assessor to support and guide them through their studies.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship comprises the following components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
The mandatory units are:
- Health, safety and security at work
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations
Optional units include: (a full list is available on request)
- Place goods in storage
- Wrap and pack goods in logistics operations
- Keep work areas clean in logistics operations
- Maintain the cleanliness of equipment in logistics operations
- Moving and handling goods in logistics operations
- Use equipment to move goods in logistics operations
- Check stock levels and stock records
- Keep stock at required levels in logistics operations
- Receive goods in logistic operations
- Process returned goods in logistics operations
2. Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in the Logistics Sector
3. Level 1 Functional Skills English & Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
The NVQ requires candidates to complete units that add up to a minimum of 27 credits; this includes two mandatory units and optional units taken from 6 groups.
Students will be allocated a personal assessor and supplied with all the necessary reading and assessment material. The assessor will provide personal tutorial support at pre-arranged times, students will also be assessed in the workplace using observation, witness testimonies and professional discussion for the NVQ.
These courses are work-based qualifications and are suitable for those who undertake varied warehousing and storage related activities in a warehouse environment. Students will need to be working for a minimum of 30 hours a week will need to achieve a minimum Level 1 for Maths and English at Initial Assessment or hold A-C GCSE's that are less than 5 years old. A personal skill scan, conducted by our staff, will ensure that the candidate's current job role lends itself to the demands of the National Standards at the preferred level.
Assessment of the NVQ is by production of a personal portfolio of evidence demonstrating understanding and application of the level 2 certificates in Warehousing and Storage performance criteria. Functional Skills require students to work towards written exams in Maths and English and their assessor will prepare and support them with these subjects until they are ready to sit the exams. All exams can be sat either in the workplace or at BCOT. The Award in Right and Responsibilities is assessed by the student completing a workbook which is marked by their assessor.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Certificate in Logistics Operations
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Team Leading
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.