AS / A Level - Physical Education at Blackpool Sixth Form College
A Level PE stimulating course that allows learners to combine their strong practical ability with a range of therotical topics in sport. This will allow learners to develop their analysis and evaluation of sports performance.
AS Physical Education Year includes:
- Practical performance in two sport related roles
- Understand how the body and its systems can influence a healthy lifestyle
- How sports performers gain skills
- The impacts of psychology on sports performance
- The benefits of physical activity to individuals and society
A2 Physical Education Year includes:
- Perform, analyse and evaluate your own practical sports performance
- The application of physiology and psychology in developing elite performance
- The impact of World Games
If you have taken PE at GCSE, a grade C is required.
- Assessment in Practical activities
- Written Exam
- Written Exam
After completing the course students can work towards a number of careers, for example P.E. teaching, sports coaching, physiotherapy (if taken with a science A level), personal training, sports journalism, sports development, sports equipment designing. Over 90% of our students go on to study sport/ sports science at degree level at university.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.