Modern Foreign Languages: French, German and Spanish at Range High School
During the course students will have access to a wide range of modern text books to improve and deepen their knowledge of the language. The study of a variety of topics will encourage the development of all four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing) and will involve the use of video and DVD recordings, newspapers, magazines, websites and a wealth of recorded material. In addition, students are strongly advised to use the multi media facility during their free periods and after school hours to access supplementary exercises and authentic material. It is hoped that students will therefore benefit from a stimulating course which develops intellectual skills and independent learning enabling them to use a foreign language for the purpose of practical communication. You will be able to:
* Take part in work experience in France, Germany and Spain
* Take part in a science/language based exchange with a sixth form college in Germany
* To access on-line language learning resources
* To practise and improve your speaking skills with native speakers in one-to-one sessions
* There is also an opportunity to begin Italian as part of the enrichment programme.
Range High School Sixth Form (Red Pathway):
B grade in this subject and
Satisfactory academic and attitude references
To view further information on entry requirements for your chosen pathway, please click here and read pages six and seven of the Sixth Form Prospectus.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Range High School directly.