Beauty Therapy (Fashion, Theatre, Media, Hair and Make-up) Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the Fashion, Theatre, Media, Hair and Make-up industries.
The course consists of the following units:
- Health and safety
- Apply makeup
- Lash and brow treatments
- Fashion and photographic make up
- Camouflage makeup Airbrush makeup to the face
- Provide self-tanning services
- Media makeup
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Dressing hair
In addition you will study:
Essential Skills such as Communication, Application of Number and ICT.
The course is one year full-time and is delivered over 3-4 days inc. one possible late night (Tues, Weds, Friday). Delivery methods include:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real commercial salon environments and possible work experience
- Group work
- Substantial practice of practical skills at home.
- Level 2 beauty therapy or an equivalent level qualification. It is not essential for applicants to hold a previous beauty or make up qualification
- You must be enthusiastic and able to demonstrate a passion for the makeup industry.
- You must have a calm and well-groomed appearance
- You will be required to attend an interview and provide a reference.
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit (e-portfolio)
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication.
The course gives you multiple qualifications and a broad set of specialist skills. You will be prepared to progress in the right direction towards a challenging career, utilising all the knowledge you have gained. This may be through employment in a range of beauty and therapy environments, where your specialist skills will be valuable. Alternatively, you could enter higher education onto a degree in Media Make-up or a relevant area.
- Beauty Therapist
- Holistic Therapist
- Nail Technician
- Salon Manager
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.