Accountancy Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
You’ll develop your skills in finance administration: double-entry bookkeeping, basic costing principles and purchase, sales and general ledgers.
- Understanding an organisation’s cost recording system and using it to record or extract data
- Use of spreadsheets to convey information on actual and budgeted income and expenditure.
- Entering data at the start of an accounting period to set up customer and supplier accounts
- Recording and processing customer and supplier transactions
- Recording and reconciling bank and cash transactions
- Processing and using journals to enter accounting transactions
- Production of reports (day books, account activity, aged analysis, statements or remittance advice).
Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Understanding an organisation’s accounting or payroll function
- Using numeracy and literacy communication skills
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values.
Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance.
Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents.
On completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, you’ll be awarded with the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.