Creative Media Production (Film & Television) BTEC Level 3 Diploma 90 at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This is an exciting course (equivalent to one and a half A levels or three AS levels), which offers students a range of media and film disciplines.
You will be learning Film and Television production skills across a range of different disciplines and is directly relevant to skills required in the creative industries.
The department runs a number of trips and visits to support your studies e.g. a visit to Warner Bros Harry Potter studios and other subject relevant study trips.
You are expected to be dedicated, meet all deadlines and have exemplary attendance and punctuality. This course is hard work and challenging, deadlines must always be met, units must be passed, it is also creative, fun and very rewarding.
You will be creating film and media related content for a variety of creative media industries including advertising, music, film, animation and corporate and promotional video industries.
Units currently delivered on the course (optional units may be subject to change).
- Unit 1 – Pre-Production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 2 - Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
- Unit 3 - Research Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Unit 8 - Understanding the Television and Film Industries
Optional specialist Units
- Unit 24 - Writing for Television and Video
- Unit 26 - Film Studies
- Unit 27 - Factual Programme Production Techniques for Television
- Unit 29 - Music Video Production
- Unit 30 - Advertisement Production for Television
- Unit 33 - Stop Motion Animation Production
In addition students may be required to participate in the key skills programme and / or other complimentary studies, subject to College approval.
5 GCSE’s at grades A* - C, including English language or a BTEC Diploma in Media at Merit or Distinction.
Each student’s performance will be regularly assessed and course places may be reviewed. Where appropriate, a place on a media course at a more suitable level may be offered.
Successful completion of the course allows progression on to
- BTEC Level 3 180 credit Diploma in Creative Media Production, which is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
This in turn allows progression onto University to do a
- foundation degree,
- Higher National Diploma in a related subject
This course begins in September. The duration of this course is one year.
Induction and Probation - For the first half term students will be set a variety of projects and participate in a range of skills-building exercises and tests.
During this time a students place on the course will be subject to their attendance, punctuality, motivation, ability to meet deadlines and overall work ethic, in addition to the development of their practical skills.
Each student’s performance will be regularly assessed and course places may be reviewed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.