Hairdressing Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This course is designed to aid apprentices to become competent hairdressers by attending an individualised learning programme incorporating remote learning and bespoke training based on 24 months duration. However, the programme delivery is flexible, allowing completion in a shorter period of time.
The programme covers a range of hairdressing duties and includes the following four components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
The mandatory units are:
- G20 - Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- G17 - Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- G7 - Advise and consult with clients
- GH8 - Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- GH9 - Change hair colour
- GH10 - Style and finish hair
- GH11 - Set and dress hair
- GH12 - Cut hair using basic techniques
- GH14 - Perm and neutralise hair
2. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Use of a computer from home or the workplace is essential.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English, or successful completion of NVQ 1 Hairdressing or Barbering. Attendance at an Advice and Guidance session is required before enrolment. Candidates must be currently working in a hairdressing salon. Registration with the awarding body (City & Guilds) is required and will take place within the first month.
Certification is achieved through continuous assessment of practical, oral, written assessment and online tests throughout the course. A portfolio of evidence will also be produced during the course. Candidates will need to provide own models for practice and assessment.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Barbering
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering
Employment within a salon environment as a junior stylist.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.