Further Mathematics A Level at Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA Sixth Form offers an experience that is totally unique in the state sector. No other school can boast the incredible facilities, elite partnerships, and expert teaching which we have here at KAA.
We expect demand to be high for this, our first ever year, so students currently in Year 11 are encouraged to attend the upcoming events and apply early.
- A traditional, academic curriculum, with a modern, creative twist. The vast majority of KAA Sixth Formers will study 4 AS Levels in Y12 and 3 A-Levels in Y13. We are aware that some schools are moving away from AS, but are conscious that universities currently still prefer students to have them. For example:
“We strongly encourage potential applicants to take AS-Level examinations in at least three subjects. These will provide us with a strong measure of applicants’ recent academic progress, will assist us and the students in judging whether an application to Cambridge is likely to be competitive, and will provide reassurance that grade predictions are not relied upon too heavily in a new system.” Dr Mike Sewell, Director of Admissions for the Cambridge Colleges, Summer 2015
6 A*-C grades plus a grade 5 or above in both English (Lit and / or Lang) and Maths, with a B grade or above in the four AS subjects you wish to study (or closest equivalent)
Grade 8 or above in Maths for Further Maths
- There are additional student benefits beyond the expert teaching, unique partnerships, state of the art facilities, entrepreneurial education and NCS opportunities detailed above. These include:
- Free gym membership for all sixth formers at the Kensington Leisure Centre, part of the KAA campus. This includes access to a brand new 100 station gym and the leisure centres three swimming pools.
- A free laptop for every student.
- Bursaries of £3000 plus to help with the cost of university life or to help any student entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground. These will be awarded to students who make an exceptional contribution to the academy during their time with us.
- A chance to spend two years studying in one of the greatest parts of London. KAA is just minutes from Portobello Road, Notting Hill Gate and Holland Park – three areas which are world famous for their shopping, parks, restaurants and culture. North Kensington is a vibrant, buzzing, creative community and we are proud to be right at its heart.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kensington Aldridge Academy directly.