History A Level at East Riding College
This course supports historical study that promotes an understanding of change and development over time, plus an understanding of change over a short period studied in depth.
You can study this subject for one year and earn an AS-level or for two years and earn an A2-level.
Unit one: Change and Consolidation
Unit two: Historical Issues: At Periods of Change
You will learn about British and/or modern European history in depth.
- History of more than one country or state or the history of more than one period
- Aspects of the past in breadth and in depth
- Significant individuals, societies, events, developments and issues within a broad historical context
- Developments affecting different groups within the societies studied
- A range of appropriate historical perspectives, for example: aesthetic; cultural; economic; ethnic; political; religious; scientific; social or technological
In addition, you will look at:
- Substantial and coherent element of British history and/or the history of England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales
Change and development over a period of time sufficient to demonstrate understanding of the process of change, both long term and short term
- Five GCSEs grade A* to C including a minimum grade B in GCSE History and a grade C in GCSE English or English Literature, or equivalent qualifications
A satisfactory interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course and an initial assessment
Assessment will be 100 per cent written examination.
Successful students may wish to progress onto higher education or a degree.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.