A Level ICT *Fees Payable* at Priory School
This specification brings the study of ICT up to date for the 21st
century. Candidates can develop an understanding of how ICT can be
used in society and organisations and the implications of its use.
Among the many benefits, this new specification is designed to
encourage candidates to:
- work co-operatively and manage projects
- develop personal learning and thinking skills
- provide quality ICT-based solutions to a range of problems
- develop an awareness of developments in technology
At AS, there are 2 complementary units concerned with applying ICT
to solve problems and the study of the opportunities for and effects of
using ICT in the world today.
Candidates have the opportunity to put into practice a wide range of
software and hardware to create solutions to solve problems:
- INFO1: Practical Problem Solving in the Digital World
- INFO2: Living in the Digital World.
At A2, students study the concepts associated with the use of ICT in
the 21st century. They also have opportunities for acquiring skills
needed in the IT profession.
These practical skills can be developed in areas of ICT that are of
interest to them. Students can also use these newly acquired skills as a
springboard into other qualifications and working environments:
- INFO3: The Use of ICT in the Digital World
- INFO4: Coursework: Practical Issues Involved in the Use of ICT in
the Digital World.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Priory School directly.