Nail Services Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at City College Plymouth
Our Nail Services Apprenticeship course is the perfect choice for those aspiring nail technicians who want to earn as they learn. If you are already working in the industry, our course gives you the chance to study for a recognised qualification that will help you get ahead. Many students use this qualification as their starting point and go onto study other qualifications to widen their skill base. You'll receive training and assessment in providing manicures, pedicures and nail art services, and we'll introduce you to the anatomy and physiology related to each treatment. We'll also teach you about health and safety in the workplace, employment skills and reception duties.
Each apprentice works towards an NVQ in their vocational discipline. Subjects covered include:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work competence
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Carry out nail art services
- Apply and maintain nail enhancements to create a natural finish
You will also work towards:
- Functional Skills: maths and English at level 1
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and thinking skills (PLTS) - Independent enquiry, creative thinking, reflective thinking, team working, self-management and effective participation.
An initial assessment is required to identify entry level.
There are a range of external assessments as well as practical, written and oral assessments to accompany each unit. Projects and portfolios of evidence are also required. Functional skills will be addressed along with personal learning and thinking skills, and employment rights and responsibilities.
On successful completion you may continue your studies and work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 in Nail Services. You can also work in beauty salons, nail studios etc. Alternative career opportunities exist in wholesale, retail and marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.