Art And Design (Creative Digital Media) L3 Subsidiary Diploma at North Lindsey College
The Creative Digital Media course has been developed to meet the needs of our digital
world and provides the knowledge, understanding and skills for learners planning a career within the creative media industry. The course has been specifically designed to give learners a base knowledge in a range of disciplines, and enable them to find a focus
for possible future progression at degree level.
This course offers students the opportunity to study an AS level qualification at the same time. You could progress into a career in:
- Digital Graphic Design
- 2D & 3D Animation
- Digital illustration
- TV & Film Production
- Special Effects for Film & TV
The Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma qualification consists of six units. It is equivalent
to 1 A Level. Four mandatory units and two additional units will be studied across a range of subjects such as:
- Visual Recording
- Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Ideas and Concepts
- Visual Communication
- Digital Graphics
- Image Manipulation
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including English and Maths or
- Successful completion of a level 2 programme where personal targets have been met.
- NB: A creative subject is advantageous to have as a background though is not an entry requirement..
- Mature learners are also welcome and entry requirement qualifications may be flexible in some cases.
- All applicants will be required to attend an informal interview and present work that demonstrates their abilities to the required standard.
- A satisfactory reference
Your progress will be measured in a number of ways including practical projects, presentations
and written assignments that will be assessed internally. You will receive feedback from your studies in the form of verbal feedback from your tutor, written feedback from an assignment or project, and grading of your work. Final unit grades will be allocated
at unit completion usually at the end of a course. The course is continually assessed with no exams, although your work may be sampled by an external moderator.
GCSE and A Level studies will require a formal exam.
Progression is to a Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design Creative Digital Media combined with A Level study. Further progression could be onto a degree, foundation degree or Higher National Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.