Health and Social Care Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate and Diploma at East Riding College
This course offers the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in health and social care. You will have the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way. In addition, you will develop key skills that are highly valued by employers. This course is equivalent to four GCSEs at grades A* to C.
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communuication
- Equality and diversity
- Individual rights in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Social influences on health and wellbeing
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Human body systems and care of disorders
- Services in health and social care
You will also have the opportunity to complete placements in a variety of health and social care settings. This course has a mixture of mandatory and optional units. Two mandatory units are assessed through an exam.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, or equivalent qualifications such as the Level One Introduction to Health and Social Care and Early Years at merit level), or equivalent qualifications
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- A genuine interest in health and social care
- Satisfactory College interview and initial assessment
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports. Two of the units are assessed in part by an exam.
Progression onto early years and health and social care courses, such as the Level Three BTEC Diploma Health and Social Care, or employment opportunities in the health and social care fields.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.